Workplace Accident Investigation & Compliance
of Employees' Compensation Ordinance
(Course Code: HR180529)
Date: 2018.05.29 (Tue)
Time: 9:30am - 5:30pm
Venue: CED School of Business (3/F., 210 Java Road, North Point, H.K.)
Language: Cantonese with English terminology
Full Course: HKD2000/*HKD1800
Morning Session: HKD1000/*HKD900
Afternoon Session: HKD1000/*HKD900
*Discount for payment settled on or before 8 May 2018, or 3 delegates enrol together.
Who Should Attend
Human Resources Managers and staff with responsibilities for functions within the workplace that relate to Accident and Incident Investigation.
Part I: Workplace Accident Investigation
(Morning Session: 9:30am - 12:30pm)
• Principles of accident investigation
• Basic concepts of human factors
• Accident reporting and scope of investigation
• Accident investigation techniques
• Stages of accident investigation
• Practical exercises and case study
Part II: Compliance of Employees’ Compensation Ordinance on work injury
(Afternoon Session: 2:00pm - 5:30pm)
• Application of the Employees’ Compensation Ordinance (“ECO”) – who are covered and not covered
• Work injury and occupational disease: Definitions and grey areas
• Rights and obligations of relevant parties
• Arrangement of medical examination and treatment for the employee
• Declaring the case to the Labour Department, arrangement of sick leave clearance and medical
• Types of compensation and methods of calculation (brief exercise)
• Procedures to closing an Employees’ Compensation claim
• Managing suspected cases, assignment of light duties during the recovery process
Participants who successfully complete this course and have 80% attendance will be issued a Certificate of Attendance
Registered Safety Officer , QHSE Manager of sizable construction company
Mr Fung, a registered safety officer, possess a Bachelor Degree in OSHE and has more than 15 years of experience in working in the construction industry and undertaking senior positions in multi-national companies and large scale public services organizations. He possess deep understanding on legal requirements and practice knowledge on accident investigation and formulation of preventive measures. He is now working as a QHSE Manager of a sizable construction company.
Senior Associate of ANZIIF, General Insurance Specialist
Mr Ng obtained the BA with Honours in Financial Services. He has been working in the insurance sector since 2003. He is a specialist in underwriting and claims handling in employee’s compensation, motor insurance and general insurances. Mr Ng worked in Zurich, MSIG and AIG before. He is now the financial advisor in AIA. He also handles many general insurances and employee’s compensation cases for his clients.
When you enrol in our course, you are expected to have read the terms and conditions shown in our website and agree with it.
For details, please click here.